HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius admits in this video that everyone will be funding abortion in the Senate “compromise.”
This must come as quite a shock to “pro-life” Senator Bob Casey who seemed to think otherwise in an interview with Greta..
VAN SUSTEREN: With the language about abortion, what’s your level of certainty federal funds won’t be used either directly or collaterally or through the back door for abortions?
CASEY: I think you can achieve that in the context of an exchange, which is much different than we had prior to this. We…
VAN SUSTEREN: So 100 percent?
CASEY: I think we’ve done it…
So you have one of two choices. Bob Casey is insanely and ridiculously wrong or he’s lying. Which one?
December 27, 2009 at 2:52 pm
With the Democrats, let me think… telling the truth sounds just like the guy who would end Afghan war, and close guantanomo bay, oh wait!
December 27, 2009 at 3:42 pm
Lying, of course. What has he EVER done in the Senate that was REMOTELY pro-life?
He was elected b/c of his name, and he's turned out to be an utter disgrace to it….
BTW–isn't he up again soon?
December 27, 2009 at 8:30 pm
Speaking of lies check of this speech in YouTube where the one has already broken 7 promises.
The Broken Promises:
1. Make Government Open and Transparent
2. Make it "Impossible" for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects
3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public (republicans shut out)
4. No more secrecy
5. Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill
6. You'll know what's in it (Republican Senators didnt know)
7. We will put every pork barrel project online
December 27, 2009 at 9:40 pm
Responding "I think we've done it" to a question asking "100 percent?" is not a strong affirmative, in my book.
And the fungibility issue with taxes vis a vis abortion is why this particular subject is so controversial…it's not like it's just another pork barrel project, or a bridge to nowhere, or highway funds for a road you'll never travel on.
December 29, 2009 at 5:56 am
Please accept this as constructive but be careful with your logic. How do you know Secretary Sebelius is telling the truth? In other words, perhaps Senator Casey is telling the truth and the Madam Secretary is lying to persuade her pro abortion allies. Respectfully, Chris
January 1, 2010 at 7:38 am
1. Bart Stupak (D-MI) has looked at the Senate language and says it does not block abortion funding by the federal govt
2. Nancy Pelosi has also looked at it, and is thrilled that it is NOT equivalent to the Stupak-Pitts language that she had to submit to in the House. (And we know abortion funding is one of her goals.)
3. The USCCB's legal experts have checked out the language and can explain very clearly why it is not much more than a shell game.
4. A number of other "pro-choice" members of Congress are happy with the Senate / Casey language but hate the Stupak-Pitts amendment … obviously they recognize that the latter does what it's supposed to while the former does not.
Need I go on?