Vatican issues 10 Commandments for drivers, according to the Associated Press. This isn’t a joke.
The “Drivers’ Ten Commandments,” as listed by the document, are:
1. You shall not kill.
2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.
3. Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.
4. Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents.
5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.
6. Charitably convince the young and not so young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so.
7. Support the families of accident victims.
8. Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.
9. On the road, protect the more vulnerable party.
10. Feel responsible toward others.
Next week, the Vatican office of Cooking will promulgate its Ten Commandments which include:
1) Thou Shall Not Poison
2) Transgender is still bad, but Transfat is worse!
3) Do Not Hit Others With Pans because Even Though It Looks Funny on Cartoons It Actually Hurts in Real Life.