I was reading a very interesting post that listed the leading causes of death in the US. The results and the post were interesting, but a comment really made the point. First the list.
15. Assault (homicide): 16,591
14. Parkinson’s disease: 20,552
13. Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease (high blood pressure, kidney failure caused by high blood pressure): 25,651
12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis: 30, 444
11. Septicemia (systemic infection): 35,587
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide): 36,547
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (kidney disease): 48,714
8. Influenza and pneumonia: 53,582
7. Diabetes mellitus (diabetes): 68,504
6. Alzheimer’s disease: 78,889
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 117,176
4. Cerebrovascular diseases (stroke): 128,603
3. Chronic lower respiratory diseases (emphysema, chronic bronchitis): 137,082
2. Malignant neoplasms (cancer): 568,668
1. Diseases of heart (mainly heart attack): 598,607
Interesting. Now the comment.
The leading cause of death in the world is abortion, not disease.
There are approximately 1.2 million abortions per year in the US. Compare that to all the other leading causes and you realize there is no comparison. Over twice as many people die from abortion each year as the next leading cause. Double.
Think about how many lives we would save if we could just cure abortion.