C’mon. There are plenty of things that we can rightfully blame gays for, but earthquakes?
News.com.au -Shlomo Benizri of the ultra-Orthodox Jewish Shas Party said the only way to prevent the earthquakes was for parliament to stop liberalising laws concerning homosexuals, AP reported.
“Why do earthquakes happen? One of the reasons is the things to which the Knesset (parliament) gives legitimacy, to sodomy,” Mr Benizri said.
Mr Benizri said earthquake damage could be avoided if the parliament stopped “passing legislation on how to encourage homosexual activity in the state of Israel, which anyway brings about earthquakes”.
Shlomo. I am no less opposed to sodomy than you, but blaming them for earthquakes is a bit much. Here are some disasters that I DO blame gays for:
- Ruining the St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Making Reality TV Even Worse: Ever since that fat gay guy won Survivor, every reality show needs a gay person. The bigger the flamer, the better.
- Taking up all the good rooms at the seminaries in the ’70s and ’80s.
- The fifth season of “Ellen”
- The Home and Garden Network.
- We can no longer call a bundle of sticks by its rightful name.
- That we have to pretend that Harvey Fierstein has talent.
- For trying to teach my children that sin is not sin.
- And for trying to destroy marriage.
Still, blaming them for earthquakes is over the top. Tornadoes, maybe. And possibly volcanoes. But definitely not earthquakes. Oh, oh, mudslides for sure…