SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.
It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.
The UEA’s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) was forced to reveal the loss following requests for the data under Freedom of Information legislation.
Scientists, my arse. The top CRU excuses and/or responses.
- Uh, the dog ate my hockey stick graph.
- No, no. We said the seance was settled.
- An angel showed Michael Mann a set of golden plates which he translated into the Book of Warmin’. The plates have since been lost but it doesn’t matter since only Michael Mann could translate them anyway.
- Why would we keep the raw data? The science is settled. Did Newton keep the apple?
- In light of recent developments, we decided to change our name to the Climate Research Unit Deleters (CRUD)
- Two words, Plausible Deniability.
- If you can’t reproduce it, it is
- Save the raw data? We thought you said save the flawed data.
- Our plan is working, CRU has created or saved 1,000,000 snobs.
- Al Gore told us to.