Sounds interesting. I’ll definitely be interested to buy it.
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI has a new book coming out next month, and it’s just been announced that the title of the English version will be Last Testament: In His Own Words.
Bloomsbury announced the publication of the 224-page hardcover book on its website:
Last Testament is nearest to an autobiography from the shy and private man who has remained “hidden to the world” in a former convent in the Vatican gardens. He breaks his silence on issues such as:
– The “Vatileaks” case in which his butler leaked some of his personal letters that alleged corruption and scandal in the Vatican (the butler remains in jail)
– The presence of a “gay lobby” within the Vatican and how he dismantled it
– His alleged Nazi upbringing
– His attempts at cleaning up the “dirt in the church” (clerical sexual abuse)
– The mysterious private secretary “Gorgeous George”
I’ve read much of what Pope Benedict wrote. This one will definitely be next to my bed.
Leave a Reply